Friday, July 31, 2009

Comments on my article



The Korea Times recently published an opinion piece that I wrote. I have received some really nice feedback, as well as some nasty comments. Two people even took the time to email me. Here are some of the comments that I enjoyed:

- I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your piece "Is English in Korea only for Koreans?". I completely agree with you and hope that it will be an eye opener for those who are "
arrogant enough to lay exclusive claim to the pronunciation of words".

- I enjoyed your article on the Korean pronunciation of Ritz and pizza. I agree with your conclusions.

- Good article and balanced perspective. Hopefully, people like you can provide a counterweight to insensitive types like Jon Huer.

- This was a good article and points to legitimate issues one encounters when learning another language.

The really cool thing is that these comments are all from people that I have never met. It's quite something to receive feedback from people that do not know me at all. What a positive experience.

Here is a link to the article for anyone that is interested: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2009/07/137_49360.html


1 comment: